This recipe was submitted by a Thriving on Thrifty reader for an Easy Ice Cream Cake:
Favorite box of cake mix (Dark Chocolate Fudge used in photo above)
1 box of Ice Cream Sandwiches (Cookies N’ Cream variety used in photo above)
Large container of Cool Whip
Chocolate chips (if desired)
1. Make your favorite box of cake mix in a 9×13 pan per the instructions on the cake box. (Two handfuls of chocolate chips were added in above photo.)
2. Allow the cake to cool completely
3. Spread a thin layer of cool whip over cake mix
4. Next, Place a layer of Ice cream sandwiches (back to back to make a complete layer)
5. Spread a final layer of cool whip on top and garnish with chocolate shavings if desired.
6. Store in freezer.
This post/page may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure policy.