So I was having a discussion the other day with another Stay at Home Mom who was talking about her need for adult interaction and conversation throughout the day. I was totally in agreement with her and felt relieved to know that I wasn’t alone.
While I wouldn’t trade my job for anything in the world, there are times where I long for other adult conversation.
So I got to thinking about all the little things that I do throughout the day that have almost warped my mind back to childlike behavior, thinking, and communication. So for a little comical relief this Friday morning I thought I would share them with you. I hope there are other mothers out there who can relate to me and that I’m not the only one who has these somewhat embarrassing moments.
- My new favorite television shows are on Disney channel. While they may not truly be my favorite, I do find myself still watching them when my son has left the room. Awkward moment!
- I find myself singing songs from his toddler learning toys. Definitely guilty!
- While out with other adults, I found myself saying my son’s toddle phrases. For example, “Was dat” instead of “What’s that.” I very quickly realized what I had done and had to laugh it off.
- Instead of my son imitating me, I sometimes find myself imitating him. He does a cute little dance when songs come on. I’ll find myself in there imitating him with the same dance. For some reason, I’m thinking it’s not as cute when I do it.
- I go into hiding when I’m eating a snack in order to avoid the temper tantrum that is sure to follow otherwise.
While there are many others, I’ll save myself the embarrassment and keep some of them to myself. I hope this helps other moms realize you’re not alone in the need for some adult interaction and communication.
I would love to hear some of your embarrassing moments where your mind has been warped back to toddler years in the comments below.
This post/page may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure policy.